This blog belongs to...

My photo
♥ i'm unique but normal, attractive but simple, takltative but shy, friendly but fierce! ♥

Wednesday 18 April 2012

★ Chocolate makes ME go wild!

Hey! Today, as I was watching my favorite food channel; the Asian Food Channel I came across a recipe by on of the famous chef's. He is Jamie Oliver and he is well-known all over the world for his recipes! So, he has come out with his latest book; Jamie's Little Boook of Treats. So I searched for the book and found the recipe to one of my all time favorite desserts.

Chocolate Brownies!!
Oh gosh! just looking at it makes me hungry!!
In case you don't know, brownies are a type of dessert that is the perfect combination of the cake's softness and a cookie's crunchiness that melts in the mouth! Each bite is a very filling one that makes your mouth so pampered that it immediately would help itself for another bite! I've tried a few flavors of brownies and YES! chocolate brownies are the best! I think the main reason I fell in love with them is because they are chocolate flavored heaven!

Ok ok, I'm sorry to tempt you so much. So now I'm going to share with you how to make a brownie-Jamie Oliver style! There are other ways to make it, but I find this one really easy and fast! You may be a patient chef, but when it comes to brownies, even Jamie Oliver can't resist just stopping the process and just helping himself to the dough!
Yes, I admit i too do it! Even before I put the dough into the tray, I would have eaten half of it!

Here's the recipe! 
The ingredients you would need are:

  250g unsalted butter
• 200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), broken up into small pieces
• optional: 75g dried sour cherries
• optional: 50g chopped nuts
• 80g cocoa powder, sifted
• 65g plain flour, sifted
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 360g caster sugar
• 4 large free-range or organic eggs


chocolate size ^ after broken

You're now only 8 steps away from you're Brownie !!

Steps:
1) Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F.
2) Line a 25cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper. 
3)Melt the butter and chocolate pieces in a large bowl over the stove. Mix until mixture is smooth. 
4) Add the cherries and nuts to the mixture. (optional). 
5) In another bowl, mix the cocoa powder,flour, baking powder and sugar. Then, add this to the chocolate and cherries mixture. Stir well.
6) Beat the eggs and add into the mixture. until a silky consistency is obtained. 
7) Pour the mixture into the baking tray and place in the oven for about 25minutes. 
8)allow the tray to cool and carefully transfer into a large chopping board and cut into chunky pieces.

NOTE:  

• You do not want to over-cook the brownies because unlike cakes, you don't want a skewer to come out   all clean. 
The brownies should be slightly springy on the outside but still gooey on the inside.
•A dollop of crème fraîche mixed with some orange zest make a wonderful addition to the serving. 

You're Brownies are now ready to eat!  
ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment